THE STAR WARS X-WING MINIATURES GAME - SECOND EDITION FROM FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES PUTS YOU IN COMMAND OF YOUR OWN SQUADRON OF ADVANCED STARFIGHTERS LOCKED IN THRILLING, TACTICAL SPACE COMBAT.
Following in the footsteps of the first edition, the second edition refines the intuitive and exciting core formula of maneuvering your ships into position by placing a central focus on the visceral thrill of flying starships in the Star Wars galaxy.
During a battle, you’ll use your squadron’s unique capabilities to give yourself an advantage in the thick of combat. Each X-Wing ship flies differently, with its own set of maneuvers ranging from gentle banks to aggressive Koiogran turns. As in the game’s first edition, you’ll need to use every ship’s maneuvering capabilities to the fullest in order to strategically position your ships. A round begins with players secretly selecting a maneuver on each of their ships’ unique maneuver dials. Once you’ve decided how each of your ships is going to fly, you’ll begin revealing the dials and moving your ships, starting with the lowest skilled pilots.
As you move, you’ll enter a tense duel with your opponent as you both try to line up the perfect shot. Before you can open fire on an opponent’s ship, however, they must be in your firing arc and within range. By carefully selecting your maneuvers, you can get enemy ships in your sights, and once you’ve locked onto your target, you’re free to choose your plan of attack. You might pepper the enemy with blaster fire to whittle away their shields. Or, you could go for massive damage and launch a devastating volley of proton torpedoes. No matter how you approach the battle, you have complete control of your squadron. One player wins when all of their opponent’s ships are destroyed!
Slick flying is certainly important, but it isn’t the only consideration you’ll have to make in the midst of a dogfight. As in the first edition of X-Wing, once your ships have completed a maneuver, you can also perform an action to gain the upper hand. Whether you choose to acquire a target lock on a rival ship or barrel roll out of an enemy’s firing arc, the actions you take affect the course of the battle and determine the fate of your squadron.
Now, in the second edition of the game, your actions offer greater strategic depth than ever before. Some actions are red and induce stress when they are used. Other actions may be linked, allowing you to chain two actions together and push the limits of how your ship can handle in a dogfight!
- Scramble Fighters - X-Wing 2.0 locks two players in fierce ship-to-ship combat. Each round, you’ll carefully plot a course for each of your ships, trying to anticipate enemy movement. If you can successfully outmaneuver your opponent, you’ll catch the enemy ships in your sights and open fire. One player wins when all enemy ships are destroyed!
- Begin Your Attack Run - A coordinated attack is essential to catching the enemy in your sights, but fancy flying will only take you so far. To win, you must make full use of your ships’ systems and capabilities. Like in first edition, every X-Wing Second Edition ship has a unique set of actions it can take. Unless the pilot is stressed, each ship can perform an action after it moves. Your pilots may focus and clear their minds of distractions, take evasive action, acquire a deadly target lock on an enemy ship, barrel roll to adjust their position, or activate additional thrusters to boost themselves forward.
- Stay on Target - Maneuvering your ships and performing actions are all designed with one goal in mind: getting into position to fire at your opponent’s ships. To target another ship, it must be within your ship’s firing arc and in range. When you’re activating and moving ships, your pilots with the lowest initiative must move first, but when it’s time to fire, the order reverses and pilots with the highest initiative attack first!
- Choose Your Crew - Before you start flying your ships, X-Wing Second Edition invites you to assemble your own squadron from some of the most iconic starfighters and pilots in the Star Wars galaxy. The first step is to choose a faction, and from there, you have two options. You can jump right into the action with Quick Build cards that list pre-built ship and upgrade combinations. Or, if you want full control over your squadron, you can use the X-Wing squad builder app to build your squadron on your computer or mobile device, allowing you to quickly create a custom squad.
- Man Your Ships - Now is your chance to pilot some of the most advanced starfighters in the galaxy. Assemble your squadron and recreate thrilling Star Wars space battles with X-Wing Second Edition!